Re: [Amps] Expert Amps 2K-FA: Any Opinions ?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Expert Amps 2K-FA: Any Opinions ?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:55:57 -0400
> I'm not sure that I understand Joe's (W4TV) comments regarding the
> antenna issues when operating SO2R, but that's probably because I
> don't work contests.

Instead of providing two sets of antenna ports and routing the "second"
(unselected) exciter around the amplifier, the Expert-1K and 2K both
switch the "second" radio to a single "SO2R Antenna" port.  Since there
is no band switching on the "SO2R" port, that limits the second radio
antenna(s) to a generic multi-band antenna or a *separate set* of
manually selected antennas.

Serious SO2R contest operators generally prefer to have optimized
antennas connected to both radios at all times.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV