Re: [Amps] Tubes vs. Solid State (was) Expert Amps 2K-FA: Any Opinions ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tubes vs. Solid State (was) Expert Amps 2K-FA: Any Opinions ?
From: "Jeff DePolo" <jd0@broadsci.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 13:34:54 -0400
I've had a Palstar HF-Auto for about six months now, and so far, no arcin'
or sparkin' at the legal limit into some fairly ugly loads, particularly on
75/80m where I have an inverted vee cut for the DX window but often work
both the very top and very bottom ends of the band.  It isn't a perfect
auto-tuner by any means (and I doubt that there ever will be one), but as
far as RF power handling, no problems to date.  I'm hoping to get a peek at
the Alpha at Dayton to see how it compares.  It sure looks sexy on the
outside, but what's under the hood is what really counts...

                                --- Jeff WN3A