Re: [Amps] Choke input filters, design criteria?

To: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, "Chris Wilson" <chris@chriswilson.tv>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Choke input filters, design criteria?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 10:18:09 -0500
The swinging choke from a Gates BC-1T (1000W carrier) weighs 73# and is rated at 16H at .1A and 5H at 1.5A. A smoothing choke was not used due to weight, cost and it is unnecessary. The 30H modulation reactor from the same TX weighs 85# and only has to carry the DC current to the pair of 833A's in the RF deck

Those chokes plus the matching PS and modulation transformers are in use in one of my AM amps.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>