Re: [Amps] Choke input filters, design criteria?

To: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Choke input filters, design criteria?
From: "Boye Christensen" <oz7c@cool.dk>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 11:46:32 +0100
Hi to All

I'll have designed Power supply in many years mostly Switch mode Power and in low power.

I decide to run some LT-spice simulation on it to find out what what the best type ?

Design 4KV 1Amp and Vripple  pp 100V, Transformer loss included

1.   single phase with choke   Eff app 96%

2 .   3 phase no choke   Eff  app 96%

3.    single phase no choke Eff app 97%

This means 3 and 4 % out in heat out of  the Box.

As far I can se, there is not any difference in what you are burning out in heat !

another case is about Power company will like the choke version because the crest factor.

Sense there is not big difference form the user this most be a question about

Components prise/weight.

73 Boye OZ1CTK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>