Re: [Amps] Building an Amp 101

To: "Vic Rosenthal" <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Building an Amp 101
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 12:35:17 -0500
That switch is an old Radioswitch and has no problem with power or voltage.

All the senior Ameritrons have always used the same Centralab JV-9000 series switch (now Electroswitch) as the Alphas except for the 70/77 series which was a 86 series Radioswitch. Even the Alpha dual 4CX1000A version uses that now Electroswitch model and just paralleled up wafers.

Ive run up to 5KW out thru a single 2 pole wafer wired in parallel in hot rodded LK-800's and owners have never had an arcover. Any belief the switch is inadequate is smoking funny stuff. Granted some could blow up anything.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vic Rosenthal" <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>