good ol' boys on 75m (fwd)

Subject: good ol' boys on 75m (fwd)
From: rhodesj@pionet.net (Jim Rhodes) (Jim Rhodes)
>Bottom line is this though I doubt the FCC or the ARRL actually care much
>about 75 meters at all.  The FCC never really had any teeth to begin with
>and now has even less so.  The ARRL of course would be very interested if it
>was a 2 meter repeater being jammmed but an HF freq?  I doubt it since most
>hams today are NC techs and have no intrest whatsoever in what happens to
>us foolish contesters.

If you get less from the FCC than we have with a couple of local idiots jamming
and abusing one of our 2 meter repeaters, it would mean that the FCC didn't
even answer the phone or open the mail. We have been told that the most they
can do is to write a nasty letter asking the boys to stop. We have DF'd these
people and have a transmitter fingerprinter on the repeater--we KNOW who
they are. The DFing and transmitter finger printing have been witnessed by a
federal attorney and 2 FBI agents! The only responce from the FCC field office
was the offer to draft a letter asking them if they would please stop. Let's
face it
you will get NO help from the FCC. Yes, we have gotten help from the league,
they told us who to call. But they have no enforcment authority so that is the
limit of what they can do.

But don't let that stop you from trying!
Jim Rhodes KC0XU
rhodesj@pionet.net