good ol' boys on 75m (fwd)

Subject: good ol' boys on 75m (fwd)
From: Pete Soper <psoper@encore.com> (Pete Soper)
You wrote:

> Why not give them a little publicity?  Start spreading their call
> letters around,  e-mail them to the FCC and to the ARRL  people

These boys don't tend to share their call letters when they're calling
"Sou-eee". But if they do, I agree: let's weed out the extra special
idiots :-)

I'm convinced the only solution is to pretend they do not exist. I spent
a few years teaching profoundly retarded children various things and
apart from the big positives like teaching them how to feed themselves and
put their waste in a toilet, there was the insight that they did various
outrageous things, up to and including self-mutilation, because it was a way
to get their attendants to give them a little extra (extra *ANYTHING*).
Ignoring bad behavior was the quickest way to extinguish it and replace it
with positive behaviors, as cruel as that may sound if you've seen the self-
abuse behaviors of institutionalized folks. Of course with amateurs we can't do
the "replace with positive behaviors" part.

Regards,
Pete
KS4XG