good ol' boys on 75m (fwd)

Subject: good ol' boys on 75m (fwd)
From: AA3JU George Cook <george@epix.net> (AA3JU George Cook)
At 01:14 PM 2/4/96 -1000, you wrote:
>Why not give them a little publicity?  Start spreading their call
>letters around,  e-mail them to the FCC and to the ARRL  people
>who are watch the government regulators.  The ARRL ought
>to be able to get some thing done via the FCC.  These guys
>should be pursued and sent letters by the FCC with cautions
>and suitable threats;  then if they don't change their ways,
>the FCC can do their usual Notification of Action,  license and
>operating privilege cancellation.  Why let it go on and on?
>73,  Jim,  AH6NB

I would add being very annonymous about this!  Last time I locked horns with
these Bozos Ifound myself under a ver vicious attack using the internet.  I
thought that I had done myself a favor posting my address to QRZ but they
found me and the rest is history.

Bottom line is this though I doubt the FCC or the ARRL actually care much
about 75 meters at all.  The FCC never really had any teeth to begin with
and now has even less so.  The ARRL of course would be very interested if it
was a 2 meter repeater being jammmed but an HF freq?  I doubt it since most
hams today are NC techs and have no intrest whatsoever in what happens to
us foolish contesters.

What I would suggest is a concerted effort to try and change the laws. Since
ham radio is in fact a national and international resource and viatal to the
lives and security of so many people perhaps a more fitting punishment for
intentional and repeated malicious interference would be a bit of prison
time.  Mind you not a long period say 6 mo to a year.  I think that you
would need only find a very few of these fellows cooling there heals in the
clink before that aspect of the hobby might not be so entertaining.

But that I am sure is wishful thinking.

george
AA3JU  george@epix.net    AA3JU@W3PYF
Proudly  F R C...........
"FRC When second best just isn't good enough!"