[CQ-Contest] CQ-WPX..A Modest Proposal

Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ-WPX..A Modest Proposal
From: David@aslin.demon.co.uk (David)
Date: Fri Apr 3 18:09:46 1998
In your message dated Thursday 2, April 1998 you wrote :
> Hello Lew and my fellow contesters, de AA8U:
>
> I have found over the years that contesting can be much more fun and
> interesting if I compete with myself.

Snip

Well said, Bruce.

I've operated from big gun stations and with bits of wire and better from home
and in every case, I had a ball doing the best I can within the capabilities of
the station, QTH and the contest rules.  Sure, if I mortgage the house to buy
bigger towers/ants/amps I'll do better; but right now, how can I make sure I do
the best I can with what I've got? That's the motivation that keeps me
contesting whether its DX, QRP or local QSO party and I know that's the
motivation for many hundreds of other contesters I've met or QSO'd over the
years.

So, bring on the changes, CQ.  There's many of us out here will participate
whether its 3 hours or 103, and we'll have fun doing it!
  73
Dave
G3WGN