[CQ-Contest] QSL Bureau Fee Structure

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSL Bureau Fee Structure
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Sun Aug 9 06:12:16 1998

On Sat, 8 Aug 1998 16:50:56 -0700 "Bruce Sawyer" <N6NT@worldnet.att.net>
writes:

>Say what?  "Needed adjustments to the QSL bureau fee structure"!
>Aren't we already up to $4 a pound on this #%$&@*$! thing?
> Does anybody have anyfurther information on this?

> I just got a note from the bureau saying that they are holding several
>POUNDS of QSL cards for me; "Please send money", they say.  Great!
> That's just about as welcome as a margin call from  a broker, in my
book.
> Anyway, I sent 'em a check.  Now I'm left  wondering how big the next
check
> is going to have to be to send off the responses.
>

>Bruce, N6NT

Bruce,

I believe you are confusing the OUTGOING  BUREAU charges with the
INCOMING BUREAU.    Ever since the inception of the INCOMING  QSL
BUREAU, decades ago, it has ALWAYS been the responsibility of the
RECIPIENT to supply  Self Addressed Stamped Envelopes (or make
other arrangements for postage) for him to RECEIVE his INCOMING
QSL  cards.   It sounds to me like you received a note from the incoming
bureau requesting you to provide postage so they can send you your
cards.   If that is the case, why are you griping?

Regarding the OUTGOING  QSL  Bureau,  it is still MUCH less expensive
than sending every card out direct.  What is your gripe with that?

de  Tom   N4KG

(volunteer sorter for the  K4 - N4 - W4  INCOMING   QSL   Bureau)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]