[CQ-Contest] QSL Bureau Fee Structure

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSL Bureau Fee Structure
From: na2n@ifam.com (Greg Becker)
Date: Sun Aug 9 09:38:30 1998
Bruce Sawyer wrote:

> BTW, that's also an interesting note in Item 18 about "proposed change in
> local club competition eligibility criteria".  The last I heard, at least
> some CAC members from "Big Contest Club" were opposed to any expansion in
> local club eligibility because it might take away from the "Big Club" in SS
> competition.  In other words, "We don't want to give people a choice."  But
> the fact that K4VX reported on any change at all tells me that the big
> contest club CAC guys must not have carried the day.  Is it too much to hope
> for????

Well, I can't comment about "Big Contest Club", but I CAN tell you the
members of the top-ranking Local category club voted overwhelmingly IN
FAVOR of restructuring the Local criteria, in order to increase
competition in the category. Good for the club? Not really, in all
probability.

Good for contesting?  Absolutely.
--
Greg Becker, JD, PhD   NA2N   na2n@ifam.com