[CQ-Contest] SS SO Unlimited question

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS SO Unlimited question
From: k2av@qsl.net (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Tue Aug 3 22:19:52 1999
On Tue, 3 Aug 1999 09:39:58 -0400, you wrote:

>Now, if you go back, Hans, and ask the unasked question -- why bother?
>The answer is exactly the same for all other contests, too. Ever since
>the appearance of assisted operator categories, unassisted single ops
>have posted better scores, with few exceptions.

With packet plans in the future, I would answer that simply:

If I have the whole weekend and I can put in a full-time (whatever
that means) effort, I will forego the packet. If it is a club score
event, and I can only put in limited time, I will use the packet to
maximize the multipliers to help the club score.

Picking up 10-15 extra mults in a 1/2 time sweepstakes effort will
really help the club score. However if I do get a mug, I want it from
an unassisted score. That's how *I* feel. YMMV.

73, Guy.

73, Guy
--. .-..

Guy Olinger, K2AV