[CQ-Contest] SS SO Unlimited question

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS SO Unlimited question
From: aa8u@modempool.com (Bruce Lallathin)
Date: Tue Aug 3 22:10:18 1999

>The assisted category isn't attractive to the "average" "top ten"
>contester.

Tree, no disrespect, but the way you use the phrasse "top ten contester" seems
to me to be very narrow minded.

After all, there are/is a "top ten" in every cataagory, including assisted!
Just because the group you speak of, and may belong to, considers it beneath
them to operate in the assisted catagories dosen't mean the assisted bunch is
any less competative or worthy of your respect.

This is an apple and oranges problem....you just prefer apples. Oranges taste
just as sweet for those that prefer them. Both are good for you!

Take away all the stations operating with packet and you are left with a lot
less Q's. I should think you would welcome them rather than making them feel
like the unwashed masses.

>However, for many of us, using this tool isn't the
>way we enjoy playing the game and would rather keep the concept
>of a single operator without unassisted alive.

I agree. The SO class should remain unchanged.

>Allowing packet for all single ops would ruin contesting as we
>know it.

Maybe according to your narrow definition of contesting.