[CQ-Contest] SS SO Unlimited question

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS SO Unlimited question
From: aa4lr@radio.org (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Wed Aug 4 14:14:05 1999

On 8/4/99 0:29, Tyler Stewart at k3mm@erols.com wrote:

>Frankly, I get a bit pissed off at guys that brag how
>they made their "perfect sweep" working one Q per mult.  That's not
>contesting...that's poor-man's DXing at it's worst.

I disagree. I see them as turning the contest into something more
challenging.

For those who try this it, getting a sweep in the same number of Qs is
really hard. For one thing, you CANNOT call CQ. You can work all but the
hardest 2 to 4 mults just by calling CQ in any SS (provided you have
enough signal to work anybody). By limiting the Qs, you have to S & P
every single Q. That's hard. (Some years, running low-power SSB SS, 95%
of my Qs were S & P. I don't know how the QRP guys do it)

Now, if these guys use Packet, practically all of the challenge
disappears. All you'd have to do is wait for the 79 or so packet spots,
pounce and call. Yawn.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales