[CQ-Contest] self spotting vs other cheating

Subject: [CQ-Contest] self spotting vs other cheating
From: k4sb@earthlink.net (K4SB)
Date: Wed May 28 05:07:54 2003
Ron Notarius WN3VAW wrote:
> I don't see how Cabrillo could be used to write a "hidden" file... I'm sure
> Trey & Tree will correct me if I'm wrong, but it sets out how to write a
> "standard format" undelimted ASCII text file that can be read and processed
> by the contest organizer's and their computer systems (from the email
> "robot" on down).
------------
Well, I've admitted ignorance in this area, but there are several
ASCII characters which
will not print on the screen.

Mostly in the lower number range. A line could look like:

Operator(s):K4SB and then have the non printable characters added to
it, and you would never know.

Just a thought...For you who still have some form of BASIC on your
machine, try this.

For X=0 to 200
PRINT CHR$(X);
NEXT