[CQ-Contest] self spotting vs other cheating

Subject: [CQ-Contest] self spotting vs other cheating
From: k4ww@arrl.net (Shelby Summerville)
Date: Wed May 28 06:59:39 2003
It's no wonder, many stations require so much time submitting their logs!
Stop worrying about what "others" are doing and allow this statement to
actually mean something!

"I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
 amateur radio  in my country.  My report  is correct and true to the
 best of my knowledge.  I agree  to be bound by  the decisions of the
 CQ Awards Committee."

Does the lack of a "signature" on electronically submitted logs eliminate
the responsibility of the one that is submitting? Doesn't anyone understand
"self-satisfaction"? What has happened to "I/we did the best I/we could,
with what I/we had"? I'm sure that "we" all have our suspicions about
"others" that allegedly cheat? I'm just curious if those "alleged" cheaters
feel as uncomfortable in a "group gathering" as I do being with them?
Possibly I'm just too naive, but I can't imagine a multi-op station
intentionally violating the rules? Surely one, or more, of the operators
have some ethics? All of the plaques/certificates in the world cannot
replace integrity! If all you're looking for is a plaque, send me a check
for $30.00, and I'll send you one!

C'Ya, Shelby