RE: [CQ-Contest] LoTW Usage - Will you use it???

To: k1ep@arrl.net, rwmcgwier@comcast.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] LoTW Usage - Will you use it???
From: "ted demopoulos" <kr1g@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:22:55 +0000
Without checking any responses, I'll respond :)

Yes, it makes sense. Maybe it'll happen someday, I hope so. But a little progress at a time (and LoTW is a BIG step).

Problem is contest logs are not currently signed - they could be "fake." If contest logs were automatically put in, I'll bet I could manufacture a 100% fake DXCC in a season or two, without needed to resort to printing fake cards!

So it can't happen securely today - although perhaps in the future. There are a few security issues to work out first, and I'm betting the ARRL has there hands full right now

73
Ted KT1V