Re: [CQ-Contest] Lost leading 'dit' - summary

To: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Lost leading 'dit' - summary
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 08:40:45 -0600

Maybe a different approach should have been to ask how folks would cope with a radio that does only VOX for all modes, in which case there probably would not be any CW-PTT?-we-don't-need-no-stinking-PTT responses. At least there are folks out there who have a reason to use CW PTT & choose to do so & either they're more inclined to speak up, or may be indicative that more use CW PTT than those who don't.

Nothing I like better than STOMPING on a PTT foot switch on CW. I KNOW FOR A FACT that the harder I stomp on it the louder I am and the faster I will get through the pileup.

Not to mention it is more aerobic and keeps the blood from pooling
in my feet.

I need to decide what to use the OTHER foot for to keep it active.
I do have a heavy duty, side-to-side rocker foot switch (IBM) that I think
might make a great rotator controller!

--John W0UN

---