Re: RE: [CQ-Contest] Response to K5ZD's comments

To: "Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)" <frugoli@worldlinkisp.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: RE: [CQ-Contest] Response to K5ZD's comments
From: <va3dx@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:06:16 -0500
To KE1FO

I see that you  are only 29 years of age. Lucky you......
You might want to consider the average of the hams that
you are trying to have contest qsos with.
Just perhaps by adding a 24 hrs category you may entice more
of the older generation to actually operate  the contest in a
more serious effort, rather than a casual hit and miss option.
I am 53 yrs old, and 48 hr is out of the question, however I
would consider a serious 24 hr effort if it were allowed.
   Without it, I will just do my normal 10 hrs or so.

Glenn VA3DX

Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2004 8:16 PM

I see two issues here.

1. Create another category so more folks have a chance at wallpaper

2. a way to run a contest "seriously" without killing your weekend (and
putting other parts of your life in jeopardy) and still have stations to
compare yourself to.

If we add a 24 hour category for those who can't put in 24 hours due to
life's restraits, why not a CC&R category for all of us restricted by that -
or a single element on every band category for those whith no tower?  Where
does it stop if we make this new category?