RE: [CQ-Contest] The Next BIG Step in contesting

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] The Next BIG Step in contesting
From: Gary Sutcliffe <w9xt@unifiedmicro.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:25:37 -0600
Good points Doug

We have semi real time scoring in contests with serial numbers. You can assume most serious operators will get a sweep or close to it in SS, so if you tune across them you can see how you are doing in comparison. Of course you have to find your opponent to hear their current serial number.

I would be opposed to anything that shows actual QSO information for the points you raise. In addition, such a system could result in a pseudo packet system. "Hey, W9WI just worked a 9M2 on 21005!".

I would think real time QSO and multiplier totals would be sufficient. Delayed (1-2 hours?) band break downs might be interesting without giving away too many strategies too soon.

73 - Gary, W9XT