Re: [CQ-Contest] The Next BIG Step in contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Next BIG Step in contesting
From: "Ev Tupis (W2EV)" <w2ev@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 09:32:23 -0500
As an ice-braker (don't get wrapped up in the details...take this as a concept) imagine a dashboard that could display data like this for each participant...on their computer screen (and update it every 10-minutes or so):

At this point the details are only important to the degree that they define the real-time data that would need to be supplied by participants. I noticed that W2EV's concept only involved total score, total QSOs and total mults. Some might find it desirable to have band breakdowns of QSOs and mults.

Excellent point, Bruce. The Dashboard should probably have a "setup screen" with check-boxes and radio-buttons to allow one to select what data is presented to the operator.

This is nice because it also potentially provides a motivation for the 90% of us that are not in the top 10% of participants. We can create our own "mini-contest within the contest", and keep us motivated longer -- benefiting everyone along the way.

Ev, W2EV