Re: [CQ-Contest] Here we go again

To: ak0a <ak0a@kc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Here we go again
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:37:20 -0500

On Nov 23, 2004, at 7:11 PM, ak0a wrote:

The only rule change in various contest should be the two Radio operations listed as a separate category.

Why? It's just one operator and a single transmitter.

Single radio stations do not stand a chance of winning anything....

That's not true. Single radio stations do quite well. There's likely to be several single radio stations in the top 10 of every category.

and Yes, not everyone can afford to build a two radio contest station.

A two radio contest station is not expensive. That's a myth. You can pick up a second transceiver for less than $500 at any hamfest. A used vertical might set you back $200. Many hams have HF transceivers in their cars -- bring it into the hamshack for the contest.

it is for this reason that I do not send in logs anymore and yes I work every contest that comes along. MHO.

Real contesters send in their logs for every event -- no matter how small. They recognise that their logs are important for judging the results of the other operators. And even small scores can help our their contest club.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901