Re: [CQ-Contest] Follow-up Line Scores

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Follow-up Line Scores
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 15:15:34 -0600 (CST)
I've watched QST decline in technical quality over the last few years.  It
wasn't that long ago that Zack Lau and Rick Campbell were getting
microwave trasnverter articles published in QST.  I have a feeling that
isn't going to happen anymore.  I'm glad we still have QEX! Hopefully
that doesn't go by the wayside.  I actually cried when I got that final
issue of Ham Radio telling me it was their last.  I was glad to see
Communications Quarterly try to fill the gap, and continued publication
of QEX.  If it goes under, I suppose there's always DUBUS, etc.

The "microwaves" column in QST is one of the first I read.  I'm also on
Tom Williams' WA1MBA microwave discussion group on internet, so he's no
stranger to me.

Some of the things in QST still interest me but it just isn't the same.
As they say, "The future just ain't what it used to be."

73, Zack W9SZ