[CQ-Contest] Best HF rig under $900

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Best HF rig under $900
From: "Valeri Stefanov" <wally@el-soft.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:43:06 +0200
LZ9W M/M Contest station is based mainly on rigs under 900 USD

What we have at this moment are

5 pcs IC746
3 pcs TS850SAT

plus
2pcs  FT1000MP
1pcs  FT1000MP Mark V

What is more important than a radio itself in contesting is the operator who
stands behind it.

By the way I am not impressed by the performance of FT1000MP or MarkV after
side by side comparisons with either 746 or 850.
For the money TS850SAT is simply THE BEST. Telling you that from
experience - I worked with all radios mentioned above in biggest contests.
And every radio can have problems when used in contests - especially in M/M
enviroment :-))).

73 Wally LZ2CJ
one of LZ9W Contest Team

see some of our results at www.qsl.net/lz9w ( and some of them done even