Re: [CQ-Contest] [ICOM] Best HF rig under $900

To: "'ICOM Reflector'" <icom@mailman.qth.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>, <yaesu@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [ICOM] Best HF rig under $900
From: "Buck (N4PGW)" <na4fm-list@towncorp.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:02:01 -0500

Hmmm, since used rig prices vary radically and sometimes outrageously high
or low, that is a very loaded question.

How do you plan to use the rig?  What features are you most interested in?
Base, mobile, portable, QRP, built-in antenna tuner? Do you want solid
state, twelve volts or a hybrid?

I like my 706 MK II ($400 US) but if I were to want a dedicated base, I
might prefer something different.  The "G" sells for $800 new so used or
not, it fits your budget and is a good radio for the money.

73 for now.
Buck