Re: [CQ-Contest] Practicalities of Maritime HF Operation

To: "Lyndon Nerenberg (VE6BBM)" <lyndon+cq-contest@orthanc.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Practicalities of Maritime HF Operation
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:26:22 -0800
The ICOM M-700 is available for $1099 from BoatersWorld.com. An ATU is not
needed for anyone smart enough to get a ham license. For someone who can
afford an ocean-going yacht, the cost difference is inconsequential. Get a
real marine radio and be done with it.

Don't know the Canadian rules, but in the US, moding The Yaesu radio like
Lyndon did would destroy its FCC type acceptance and make it illegal.

--
Bill, W6WRT