Re: [CQ-Contest] 14.300 MHz

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 14.300 MHz
From: n4gi@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:26:49 -0500
From: Mark Perrin <mperrin@ordata.com>
> What would you recommend?
>

>From the US Coast Guard Navigation web site:

"If you plan to travel more than a few miles offshore, plan to purchase an
MF/HF radiotelephone or mobile satellite telephone, an emergency position
indicating radio beacon, or EPIRB, and a second VHF radio or cellular telephone
as well. Mobile satellite telephones are becoming more common and more
inexpensive. The mobile satellite will provide easier and clearer
communications than the MF/HF radiotelephone, but the HF radiotelephone will
receive high seas marine weather warnings. "

Nothing about buying a cheap ham rig there.....

A list of Coast Guard MF/HF frequencies is listed here:

http://powerboat.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.navcen.uscg.gov%2Fmarcomms%2Fboater.htm

Nowhere do I find any reference to 14.300....

73,
Blake N4GI