[CQ-Contest] Know your Commissioner [was: Competing in the Daylight]

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Know your Commissioner [was: Competing in the Daylight]
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 04:47:18 -0700 (PDT)
--- Patrick Dayshaw <w7tmt@dayshaw.net> wrote:
> I was rather shocked/surprised today when I
> submitted this year's small-time effort in the
> California QSO Party and was offered the chance,
> on the sponsors log submittal Web site, to
> (at least in my view), "massage my log" after the
> contest ended.

Many of us think that all contests should be
adjudicated (sp?) the same.  In fact, that is not the
case.  Each Commissioner has their own way of looking
at the event that they rule over and should be
understood as such.

Ultimately, operators are given the opportunity to
play to whatever rules they wish (even participating
"incorrectly" and *not* submitting a log [what's to
DQ, then?]).  We've been a hobby that is similar to
Golf (the honor system) and are now examining a
philosophy with a more Auto Racing feel with the
introduction of real-time scoring.

By the way, the next revision of DXDash Logger (a
real-time scoring system) is about to be released.
You can join the e-News list by sending a blank
message to DXDashLogger-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
It's a newsletter list (not a discussion forum) so it
won't fill your inbox with tons of e-mail.

Regards,
Ev, W2EV
http://w2ev.rochesterny.org/DXDashLogger