Re: [CQ-Contest] Know your Commissioner [was: Competing in theDaylight]

To: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Know your Commissioner [was: Competing in theDaylight]
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 06:25:20 -0700
On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 04:47:18AM -0700, Radiosporting Fan wrote:
> --- Patrick Dayshaw <w7tmt@dayshaw.net> wrote:
> > I was rather shocked/surprised today when I
> > submitted this year's small-time effort in the
> > California QSO Party and was offered the chance,
> > on the sponsors log submittal Web site, to
> > (at least in my view), "massage my log" after the
> > contest ended.
>
> Many of us think that all contests should be
> adjudicated (sp?) the same.  In fact, that is not the
> case.  Each Commissioner has their own way of looking
> at the event that they rule over and should be
> understood as such.

I do not require that each contest be adjudicated in the same manner.
I would like the adjudication to be consistent within a given contest
and year.  In the past with paper logs and even recently in some
contests (usually small state QSO party type contests) the logs are
not all checked to the same standard.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net