Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP and 75 Meters

To: "Doug Smith W9WI" <w9wi@earthlink.net>,"cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP and 75 Meters
From: "Mark Steven Williams" <k9gx@n4gn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 05:10:54 -0000
My approach to these idiots is:

Advise them that there's no reference to a "DX window" in part 97 C.F.R.

Make note of their calls, if they QRM you make detailed notes on the time,
frequency and station creating the interference. Better yet record it (I
recorded 95% of my NAQP effort this time, primarily to critique my
performance, secondarily because of this very issue. I had to deal with this
crap during SS phone.

File a written complaint with F.C.C. Part 97 (97.101 if memory serves) DOES
specificially mention "deliberate and intentional interference".

If these clowns were QRMing every contest station between 3750-3800 Saturday
night, that's a bunch of complaints.

73, K9GX

Mark S. Williams
K9GX