Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP and 75 Meters

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP and 75 Meters
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:52:49 -0600
Mal said:

> There are probably 10 guys who don't contest to everyone who does. We are
> outnumbered.

That would be true if it was a popularity contest and everyone got one vote.
I suggest that it is not popularity contest, and some votes need to be worth
more than others.  When it comes to important things (IMO) like efficient
use of bandwidth and ability to exchange information accurately, I think WE
may have THEM "outnumbered."  Just a thought.

Mal's right, though, compromise is good, but we can't have it unless it's
everyone's goal.

I personally don't see any problem with avoiding 10 kHz on 75 meters that
have traditionally been respected for a very long time.  I don't think that
means everyone gets their own slice.  Seems to work on 160M okay, most of
the time.

Mark, N5OT