Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP and 75 Meters

To: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>,"Doug Smith W9WI" <w9wi@earthlink.net>,"cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP and 75 Meters
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:27:22 -0800
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
To: "Doug Smith W9WI" <w9wi@earthlink.net>; "cq-contest"
<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 10:25 PM

> The 'normal', accepted,  DX Window is from 3790 to 3800. The 75m DXers are
> very possessive of that 10khz. There's a lot of room, a lot, on 75m for
> SSB contesting.

For once I agree with you, Mal. Using the justification in
one of the previous emails that contesters don't need to
follow conventions because its not in part 97 is just plain
STUPID!!! How the hell can contesters expect the rest
of the ham radio family to respect their activities if they
trample over other people. I recall one one evening after
a contest listening to a bunch of contesters descend on
3830 and deliberately run over some ragchewers and
then run them off the frequency just because they had big
signals and could get away with it. These were not wannabes
but top tier guys who should have known better. Talk about
poor judgement. Then these same guys wonder why they get
jammed on 75 meters. Well, duh!!!