Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it a time to change rules for HQstnsin IARUcontest ?

To: "cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it a time to change rules for HQstnsin IARUcontest ?
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@5b4agn.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:18:09 -0000
You make a good point Doug but something needs to be done if competition
between HQ operations is to acquire any credibility.

Your suggestion for establishing a "Uniques" threshold for contacts between
HQ and other stations in the same territory appears similar in approach to
the technique used at WRTC.  This might be a good way to deal with the issue
but is dependent, as you suggest, upon the practicalities associated with
it's introduction to log checking process.

Restructuring the scoring system to substantially reduce credit for these
contacts, might be an option to reduce the flag waving effect, though it
would at best ameliorate not cure.

Bob, 5B4AGN