Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting in the Sunlight [was: SO1R and SO2R]

To: "'CQ-Contest MailList'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting in the Sunlight [was: SO1R and SO2R]
From: "Robert Naumann" <w5ov@w5ov.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:07:32 -0500
Oh boy.

Thus far, this is the silliest discussion on contesting.com for the year
2006.

The recent "Yuri-bleating" was close to garnering an honorable mention, but
it's really just more of the same thing we've been hearing for years, and to
be honest, K5ZD said everything that needed to be said. Good job Randy!

Now, back to the issue at hand. This one is, well... I'm afraid that I am
unable to characterize it... due to it being so incredibly silly.

When you are a single operator, you compete with other single operators. If
no other person is helping the other guy (which would mean that he was
cheating - by the way) then you and he are competing one on one, mano a mano
- so to speak.

If one of those other single operators beats you and he manages to use 1
radio, 2 radios, or 35 radios, it does not matter. If this single operator
is skilled enough to do it, then he is better than you are. Period. Aside
from him having better skills, there is no advantage. He has one brain, and
at least as many limbs as you do.

He is one person. You are one person. No more needs be said.

(No offense intended to any Dissociative Identity Disorder types. [FKA
Multiple Personality Disorder.])

73!

OVen & Out