Re: [CQ-Contest] A New Perspective [was:WRTC Spot/Log Correlation]

To: "Doug Smith W9WI" <w9wi@earthlink.net>,"CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A New Perspective [was:WRTC Spot/Log Correlation]
From: "Felipe J Hernandez" <fhdez@vox-tel.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:39:20 -0300
Doug,

I think the main problem with contesting is keeping the contesters
interested with new tools that take their level of interest to a new ground.
I think that the current contesters can bring more people along due to their
increased interest in the hobby.

lets not try to save the world and focus in a set of rules and oportunities
for Joe Vertical in Winsconsin and
N5TJ from his apartment in Houston or even his hotel room in NJ.

I think contesting software is the key to make this possible adding features
to limit packet usage
and other forms of cheating, multipart contests as well as the real time
peer to peer or group real time contest scoring.

Felipe
NP4Z/KP3Z