Re: [CQ-Contest] Annoying trend

To: <Kjboasi@aol.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Annoying trend
From: <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:19:47 -0600
People have to be made to realize that the database, if you have one, is
only an aid.

If what you hear is different from what the database says, the database, in
this instance, is wrong.

And since QSOs must be completed within the contest hours, and must
only be completed using the modes and frequencies specified, e-mailing
later to confirm information is simply against the rules, regardless your
position on post-contest massaging.

Hopefully the people relying too much on databases will be burned often
enough that they get the hint. And I say that not in a vindictive way but
rather in an educative way.

Databases are: there's no getting around that. But just like you wouldn't
use an 87A to talk to your line-of-sight friend, you have to know how to use
them. And when to ignore them.

73, kelly
ve4xt