Re: [CQ-Contest] Annoying trend

To: KI9A@aol.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Annoying trend
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:23:41 EST

In a message dated 1/23/2007 7:39:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
KI9A@aol.com writes:

I was  wondering, since some are really picking this last two you were
licensed deal apart, if they will DQ themselves because some reports call
for
signal report, of which all are given 59, when, in reality, they  are not all

59...Pretty much the same in my  book.

Amen!

Perhaps contest sponsors should deduct points for busted qsos based on  the
signal report passed out.  If the guy was really Readability 5, and you  blew
it, you must be pretty dumb, so deduct 5 qsos. But if he is only  Readability
1, and you mess it up, it was for understandable reasons, so don't  beat the
guy so hard     :>)

73  -  Jim   K8MR

Waiting for SFO's NFL team to get to the Super Bowl again, so I can pass  out
"49" reports in their honor.