Re: [CQ-Contest] Annoying trend

To: Tom Wagner <tfwagner@snet.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Annoying trend
From: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 07:39:01 -0800 (PST)
--- Tom Wagner <tfwagner@snet.net> wrote:

> Re check digits and other "unenforced rules"...
>

> It's really pretty simple, and practical.
> The ARRL is more interested in encouraging
> participation than enforcing rules that
> don't affect the outcome.

So instead of sending a consectutive serial number,
which can take more time in sending, would it be ok
for me to give everyone 100 as a serial number, cut to
ATT?  As long as I log that as the sent number for
each QSO in the log, it shouldn't affect the outcome
in any way.

73s John W5TD
WHo sends a check of 80 because I was first licensed
in 1980.