Re: [CQ-Contest] Annoying trend

To: "'John Geiger'" <johngeig@yahoo.com>, <KI9A@aol.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Annoying trend
From: "Mike Fatchett" <mike@mallardcove.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:32:09 -0700
The ARRL requires that the DX stations send their power in the ARRL DX CW
and SSB contests.  It does not say to what degree of accuracy does it?  So
under this thought process everyone who sends KW that is running 800 900
1100 1200 watts should all be disqualified too?  What happens to the guy who
can only get 500 watts out on one band and a kw on another?  You want him to
change his power through the contest.

I would hope that more contest sponsors would make rule changes to make it
more difficult for the database reliant crowd.

How about in sweepstakes you start out with a check and that gets sent to
the first guy you contact.  The next contact you use the check of the
previous contact?  Contests with names could do the same thing.

Better yet if we ever got to 100 percent computer automation your program
would randomly select a number or other piece of data to be sent.

Mike W0MU