Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX contest

To: "Art RX9TX" <rx9tx@qrz.ru>,"Guy Molinari" <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX contest
From: "Stuart Santelmann KC1F" <kc1f@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:28:34 -0500
> Hello Guy,
>
> Wednesday, February 21, 2007 Guy Molinari wrote to
> cq-contest@contesting.com:
>
> GM>     I'm thinking about trying the Russian DX contest this year.
> GM> How is the activity level?   Rates?  I can't say I remember
> GM> hearing what the bands are like during this one.   I found the web
> GM> site really helpful but I wanted to hear the scoop from this group.
>
> Number of received logs, Russian DX Contest:
>
> 2000 - 893 logs,
> 2001 - 1242 logs,
> 2002 - 1304 logs,
> 2003 - 1671 logs,
> 2004 - 2005 logs,
> 2005 - 2581 logs
> 2006 - 2863 logs.
>
> Compare that with
>
> ARRL DX 2006, CW - 2567, SSB - 2259 logs,
> CQ WPX 2006, CW - 2227, SSB - 2707 logs,
> CQ WWDX 2005, CW - 3881, SSB - 4214 logs.
>
> --
> 73...Art RX9TX

I last tried this contest in 2000, and was underwhelmed with the level of
activity.  I was laid up with a broken leg however and had nothing elese to
do.  It's great that activity has tripled since then.  The CQM contest prior
to USSR breakup was great for big rates from W1 starting at 21Z.

Stu        KC1F