Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb spotting report

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb spotting report
From: Tom Carrubba KA2D <ka2d@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 20:37:14 -0500
Hello

It is good to point out that busted spots are not good.

I S&P with the use of spotting network.

The rules of the game are simple.

It is everyone's responsibility to copy and log the correct
call and exchange.

It is also the responsibility of the run station to ID at
some reasonable frequency. They don't! It is interesting to
listen to a run station who has been spotted with a busted
call. Instead of IDing more to clear the confusion, they
complain "worked before", but don't change up and increase
the frequency of IDing, or even ask the B4 station who they
think there are....

All we can do as a community is ask whoever sends a spot be
mindful the call is correct. We should be trying to identify
why busted calls continue and propose positive ways to cut
the mistakes. we need to read the software manual and turn
off the auto spotting.

All this discussion of spot filtering, spotter flogging is a
little out of reach. I think a message to watch what you
spot is what needs to be propagated. A good subject for
contest clubs to bring to local clubs
'A contest primer."

Tom KA2D