Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb spotting report

To: k1ir@designet.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb spotting report
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 14:58:23 EST

In a message dated 3/7/2007 2:44:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
k1ir@designet.com writes:

Almost as detrimental as self-spotting, busted spotting is the next  big
problem to deal with. Guys who can't copy and can't type should not be  passing
their errors on to the rest of the world. So, how about some  post-contest
comparisons of spotted calls against the SCP database? For those  who have
posted
50 or more spots during the contest, what percent appear to be  busted calls?
Listed from highest percent to lowest, that would be a good way  to expose the
worst and the best!

Maybe I've just reached the age of being a cantankerous old codger, but I
think busted spots are good.

To me contesting is not the game of working as many people as possible,  but
the game of *finding* and working as many people as possible.   Looking at
your spot window is not *finding* people in my mind.

Anyone lazy enough or dumb enough to work a busted spot (or waste time
trying) deserves what they get.

73  -  Jim  K8MR

http://www.aol.com.