Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb spotting report

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb spotting report
From: Sherman Banks <w4atl@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 17:09:46 -0500
Packet spots should be treated like any outside tool you get for free -
buyer beware.  Check the call.  Let's not go down the path of berating
people for a few bad spots.  I have sent a few out over time.  It is
certainly not intentional.  I always verify the call of the spot before
working the station.  We should positively encourage improved accuracy
and not negatively punish mistakes.

Self-spotting is a clear and intentional violation of rules and should
be exposed and disciplined.  Self-spotting is way different than a
mis-copied call.