Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet debate

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Packet debate
From: Doug Smith <w9wi@w9wi.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:42:57 -0500
On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 10:28 -0400, Ed K1EP wrote:
> So, I have a TX with an indoor antenna here in W1-land along with a remote RX
> in VK-land.  A VK station has a TX in VK with a remote RX here in W1-land.
> No need to restrict remote receivers??

OK, so you turn on your remote receiver in Australia, and hear YB0XYZ
blasting in on 7015KHz.  So you turn on your transmitter - 100w and
indoor antenna in New England - and call the YB0.

Really think he's going to be able to hear you?

OK, let's say YB0XYZ has a remote receiver in the next town in New
England - so he *can* hear you and you *do* get the QSO.

How many *other* DX stations are you going to find where you have a
remote receiver in their backyard and they have one in yours?

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66