Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:34:29 +0000
Hi Mike:

From: "Mike Reagan" <mreagan@preciscom.net>
> [...]
> remote stations for M/M, M2, and M/S operations and remote receivers for all
> of us are readily available...[...]Perhaps some are already doing this...the
> advantage for same band S&P would be worth the effort..as would the use of a
> location with more favorable terrain to a particular direction...since all
> the equipment is already in place the cost is close to zero...

I hope that no one is doing this (remote receivers) in the ARRL contests
or the CQWW/CQ WXP, where it is against the rules.  Using remote receive sites
would be a HUGE advantage.

> Getting back to the rules ... I suggest we should find a place for all new
> technology..that is what this hobby is all about..finding new, better and in
> some cases just differing ways of communicating...

I think that communicating using RF is the heart and soul of Amateur Radio
and would hate to see the magic disappear in favor of better ways of
communicating.

> Mike Reagan
> NI7T
> Price, Utah