Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 18:36:54 -0800
Steve, K0XP, wrote:

> Research-wise, such a system would prove very interesting while evaluating
> your own antennas, for example. I could monitor the effect of changes to my
> antlers while listening to myself in deepest, darkest Connecticut through,
> for example, N6TR's antlers.

You can do this now (to an extent depending upon areas of interest) via:
http://www.dxtuners.com .

When I could only hear the recent 1A4A operation about 229 in my "Black Hole To
Europe" location on any band, I sat copying them "5NN+++" on 80m CW here in W6
via a DX-Tuners site in Europe {SIGH}.  DX-Tuners is a great way to self-test
your own "antler changes" though :-)  But remember the latency factor (it's no
good for Contesting).

A Non-Military low altitude Satellite system could get us all down around zero
ms latency for Remote Site Contesting purposes.

FYI & 73...

Rick, K6VVA