Re: [CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Battle of the Cheaters
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 23:37:59 -0000
Forgive my naiveté but, being a relative newbie to contesting, I would like
to know exactly what all this fuss is about.

As the discussion seems to be revolving around C4M being disqualified in the
2006 CQWW CW contest, what was the infraction? I have reviewed the 3830
report and the log posted by CQ and can only determine that he didn't submit
to the correct category. He states SO2R in the 3830 report and Single
Transmitter in the submitted log. The posted log shows that he worked
stations simultaneously on 2 bands, therefore he was clearly operating more
than a single transmitter. Is this the main issue or is there more to the
story? If this is the only issue with the log, why was he not re-classified
as multi-transmitter and be done with it? Are there more operators and
operations suspected of cheating? What are the alleged infractions and how
are they determined?

As I said, it is very confusing to read about rampant cheating yet the only
evidence offered seemingly shows an error at best or stupidity at worst
unless I've completely missed the boat (which is not beyond the realm of
possibilities).

Please respond to me directly with any information which I can use to better
understand the issue at hand.

73 -- Paul VO1HE