Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Reflections

To: "cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Reflections
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <K6LL@ARRL.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 14:56:09 -0000
From: "Don Cassel" <ve3xd@rogers.com>
To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 12:28 PM

> "What's with the LDC's (long delayed responses)? Some guys
> wait
> 15 or 20 seconds before answering your CQ. Why?"

It's the so2r guys (like me).

If an so2r station has just started a qso on his run
frequency, it can definitely take 20 seconds to complete
that qso. Meanwhile, if he has you dialed in on the s&p
radio, and the last thing he sees on the S&P crt is your cq,
he's going to give you a call in the hope that you are still
there. I can remember this happening several times during
the RU.

Here's a question for you, though. Why are you waiting 20
seconds between cq's?

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.