Re: [CQ-Contest] Late to the skimmer party

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>,cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Late to the skimmer party
From: "Richard L. King" <k5na@ecpi.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:25:23 +0000
What Tree says pretty well sums up my own feelings about the skimmer.

I don't think it is much different, technologically, as the
advancement contesters made to two radio contesting. It is still,
basically, one operator with software and hardware to magnify what he
is capable of doing while operating. So an argument can be made that
the skimmer isn't truly "assisted".

But I agree that using the skimmer is a little much for a single-op
entry. I think this is where we should draw the line and I encourage
the contest sponsors to put the use of a skimmer in the assisted
class. Let us contesters continue to do our own call copying in the
single-op (not assisted) category.

73, Richard - K5NA