[CQ-Contest] Move WPX Back to 30 Hours?

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Move WPX Back to 30 Hours?
From: Guy Molinari <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:52:25 +0000
I've been doing the WPX seriously for about 4 years now.   I'm not sure I had a
dog in this fight until now.   With a 60 foot crankup tower with a tribander
and a few wires, I've managed to get into the box scores a few time (Pretty low
on the list though).

What has gotten my attention is K5ZD's endorsement of the change.   I don't see
where he is going to personally gain from it given his QTH.   Maybe as a top op
he thinks this will benefit radiosport as a whole?

Given that the contest was run a number of years spanning multiple cycles in
both 30 and 36 hour formats, what are the pro's and con's of the change back?
Hard data.   Not opinions.   As a newer contester I want to know.   This is
what is great about this reflector.

Also, someone threw out what seemed to be a great idea to me.   Whatever
happens to the WPX, how about another contest that is like the Stew Perry?

1)  All bands.
2)  Everyone works everyone like the typical CQ format.
3)  Grid square determines point value (distance).
4)  There as a multiplier for low band contacts what increases point value for
these (similar to WPX).
5)  Run this contest in April when the prop is still pretty good.
6)  Full 48 hour format.

73 - Guy, N7ZG